This position is responsible for all cost-estimating activities in accordance with the rules and policies of The YGS Group. The position assesses data for the purposes of determining the financial, time, materials and labor costs of each project. Frequently prepares cost estimates on a variety of work that is primarily transactional/routine/repetitive and, on occasion, complex; may require the comparison of multiple options to build a cost estimate. Receives and clarifies specifications and pursues any missing information as needed to complete the estimate. Utilizes pricing tools to build and generate pricing estimates based on scenarios that will best fit customer needs. Reviews historical quotes on renewals and updates pricing to current costs.
- Gathers details and compiles data to estimate production costs according to specifications for existing and new customers.
- Assists in securing projects as needed.
- Receives job specifications from source to ensure that the information needed to build an estimate has been provided.
- Pursues missing/incomplete information required to price a job.
- Considers raw materials, labor, equipment, tools and transportation when building the estimates.
- Reviews historical estimates to determine the new estimate.
- Reanalyzes projects and post-manufacturing costs.
- Works with manufacturing on new, complex or unique opportunities to ensure projects can be produced in house.
- Engages sourcing as needed for work that requires outside vendors to produce and establish cost basis for estimating.
- Enters specifications into pricing systems/software to build pricing scenarios.
- Makes selections to best match the customer delivery requirements and offers the best pricing options.
- Completes alterations to scenarios to offer the customer multiple options.
- Makes process recommendations for improving the management and receipt of specifications.
- Follows all required safety procedures, such as ergonomics, hazards, etc., and performs job in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of work area.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Additional time as needed to meet the demands of the business.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics or physical sciences required.
- Minimum five years of related experience in a commercial print and manufacturing environment, with multiple concurrent projects complementary to the duties of the job OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through comparable years of work experience.
- Minimum two to three years of project management experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Prior experience with cost-estimating systems and software required.
- Broad knowledge of general administrative/manufacturing operations and procedures; knowledge of job-specific processes to successfully execute and complete the more progressive/complex duties of the job.
- Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact the work has on the department or company.
- Knowledge of technology, including computers and software programs such as Microsoft Office, and other programs specific to the job to complete duties successfully.
- Requires knowledge of multiple functions or areas of the business with which there is frequent contact while completing daily work assignments of the job.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
The position exists to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is approximately a 90 percent sedentary role with the balance of time spent interacting or helping with internal and external customers and attending meetings and events as assigned. The position will require the ability to communicate, speak, hear, listen, see, sit, bend, stand, stoop, walk, push, pull, lift, lower and grasp as necessary. The position may regularly lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.