BINDERY OPERATOR – FOLDER/STITCHER
This position exists to perform the essential functions. This position is responsible for the setup, adjustment, operation, and maintenance of the Folder, Stitcher and Collator, which processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Operator will review job specifications to determine the setup of each job, accordingly. Perform all tasks associated with the type of equipment operated. Make necessary corrections and/or adjustments to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work. Clean and maintain the equipment, as required. Inspect equipment for safety issues. May operate automatic adhesive binding machine (perfect binder) that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or other completed products.
- General knowledge of the more complex bindery machines (i.e. stitcher, collator, perfect binders, folding units), either individually or combined.
- Thorough knowledge of the setup, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized stitching, folding, collating and cutting of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a bindery operator (stitcher – collator) in a commercial print environment, required.
- Associates degree in Print Technology or related field, preferred.
- A high school diploma/or GED equivalency, required.
- Requires thorough knowledge of materials, specifications, equipment, and safety requirements and skills to perform assignments.
- Prior operating experience with same or similar equipment, preferred.
- Skill to read and understand job specifications and knowledge of equipment capabilities to determine the most appropriate settings to run the job successfully.
- Skill in routine operational maintenance of equipment.
- Ability to maintain a fast pace and work with a sense of urgency.
- Standing for the duration of the shift, as assigned.
- Will walk about, bend, stoop, twist, reach, push, pull, lift, lower, grasp, regularly.
- Ability to lift up to 20-pounds consistently, and lift up to 50-pounds occasionally, required.
- Overtime in support of the workload, as needed.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with The YGS Group is At-Will.